Dave Asprey, who apparently is another of those well-known people with a well-known company that I have never heard of, has a goal. He is passionate about it, and he is working hard and spending a fortune to achieve it. His aspiration? To live to be 180.
According to a January article by Rachel Munroe in Men’s Health, this is what he’s doing to reach that goal:
- He eats a diet that includes no gluten and is 50 to 70 percent fat.
- He takes 100 supplements a day.
- He regularly uses a hyperbaric oxygen chamber or immerses himself in ice water.
- He exercises, but not by going to an ordinary gym. His home office includes an array of high-tech exercise machines, one of which “promises to deliver two and a half hours of exercise in 21 minutes.”
- Every six months, he has half a liter of his own bone marrow harvested, then has the stem cells from it injected into various parts of his body, including his spinal cord.
All this is based on something called “biohacking.” Continue reading