Anybody who thinks women are more romantic and sentimental than men has never been a woman. Or at least has never been a woman in my family.
Oh, we like getting flowers, and we definitely like getting chocolate. Some of us, I’m sure, have shed a tear at the end of Lord of the Rings or Charlotte’s Web. But all in all, we approach life in a practical way. I suspect there are plenty of others out there just like us. You might be a Practical-Minded Woman yourself if:
• You have ever served leftovers to invited dinner guests.
• You have ever worn snow boots with an evening dress.
• There is at least one tissue in the pocket of every jacket you own.
• You own a pair of insulated coveralls. (Extra points if you’ve ever been whistled at while wearing them.)
• You have a frequent-shopper card at the hardware store.
• You have never owned a pair of shoes with heels higher than two inches.
• You have a multi-purpose tool in the glove compartment of your car, and you’ve actually used it.
• You see an attractive guy in a Corvette and think, “Hmm. . . I wonder where he puts the groceries.”
• The only silk underwear you own is long and came from a sporting goods store.
• You have ever worn long underwear on a date.
• You think the pretty scented candle on your nightstand would be handy in case of a power outage.
• Your favorite poet is Dr. Seuss.
• You’ve ever wrapped a gift with newspaper or duct tape. (Extra points if you’ve used them together.)
Happy Practical Mother’s Day.