Just a few of the things I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving:
· Good health, and having inherited genes from so many long-lived, healthy ancestors.
· Bad puns. Such as (with thanks to A.L.) the fact that a group of crows is a caucus.
· The incredible abundance of food in the grocery store, including fresh fruit and vegetables all winter long.
· Dark chocolate.
· The fact that dark chocolate, in moderate amounts, has officially been established to be health food.
· My library card.
· Flannel sheets.
· The Internet.
· Deer and red foxes in the back yard.
· Mountain lions staying out of the back yard.
· Twenty-one years in the program.
· Shared laughter.
· The newspaper in our box by 5:30 every morning (even if there’s no way I’m going to go up there and get it at that hour just in case a stray mountain lion has decided to take a quick look at the comics).
· And above all, loving family and friends. Bless you all.